These recipes are favorites in the Joppeck family (Fair View Meadow Farm) household. They are quick and easy to prepare. The chicken legs have a bit of sweetness to compliment the spiciness of the sriracha without being overbearing or too hot. And, of course, the french fries are always a hit. Both of these recipes can be cooked in the oven at the same time, simply place one baking sheet on the top rack and one on the bottom rack.
Active cooking time: 25-30 minutes
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
|Items available through Lettuce Heads:||Items available elsewhere:|
Other items that can be purchased through LH
Honey Sriracha Chicken Legs
- 8 FVMF chicken drumsticks
- 3 TBSP honey
- 3 TBSP butter (melted)
- 1/4 tsp salt & pepper
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and top with a wire rack.
- Put legs into a large bowl, along with the salt, pepper, & cornstarch. Stir until chicken is evenly coated. (This helps the skin get nice & crispy)
- Place legs onto wire rack and bake until golden brown and crispy (about 25-30 mins.)
- While the chicken is baking, combine the sriracha, honey, & butter in a small bowl.
- When chicken is done baking, brush sauce mixture over legs & serve.
Oven Baked French Fries
- 5 large Camp Road Farms potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Scrub potatoes (leave skin on). Cut lengthwise into 1/4″ strips.
- Put potatoes into a large bowl and toss with olive oil, thoroughly coating all fries.
- Spread fries in a single layer onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper (makes clean-up easier).
- Bake until golden brown and crispy (approx. 30 minutes)
- Season with salt to taste.
–Nathan Joppeck, Fairview Meadows Farm, Owner